The Mo has a brilliant team of volunteers, who make the museum the wonderful place it is.Our volunteers choose to work with us for lots of reasons:
• Meet new people and have fun in a friendly environment
• Gain unique museum-based work experience
• Develop or share your skills
• Enhance your C.V.
• Spend time working with wonderful collections in a beautiful building
• Learn about fascinating histories and stories
• Become part of the museum team
Our volunteers support us in a variety of different ways:
• Bringing the museum and its stories to life for visitors
• Helping organise and facilitate events
• Helping greet visitors and serving in the shop
• Working with school groups and developing educational resources
• Doing creative tasks, particularly graphic design or photography
• Supporting our PR and marketing activities
• Looking after historic lifeboats and fishing boats
• Housekeeping and DIY
(In the photograph, a group of our volunteers enjoy a visit to The Sainsbury Centre in Norwich, organised by the Museum)
We are also able to offer a small number of work experience placements and student internships every year. If you are interested in a placement, please get in touch.
Whether you have a few hours a month or a few hours a day, and whatever your background and experience, we would love to hear from you.
Please click here to download a volunteer registration form